SmartFlexis a two-component, flexible cementitious waterproofing membrane. It is reinforced with specially selected and graded fine quartz. When blended, SmartFlexforms a flexible matrix of polymer and hydrate structures. This provides a breathable membrane which allows water vapor transmission but is impermeable to liquid water. SmartFlexis easily applied as slurry onto horizontal and vertical surfaces. No priming is needed as SmartFlexhas good substrate adhesion.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Bathrooms, Toilets and Kitchens
- Balconies and Planter boxes
- Swimming pools
- Water Tanks
- Environmental Decks
- Basements walls
- Can be applied on damp surfaces
- Cracks-bridging ability
- Good substrate adhesion
- Non-toxic ideal for confined areas
- Flexible and cementitious
- Easy –to-apply
SmartFlexconsists of :
- Part A – Milky Viscous Liquid
- Mix up the liquid component (Part A) by shaking or turning the container.
- Pour the liquid into a clean container. Stir with a variable speed planetary paddle mixer. Use low speed for stirring and avoid foam formation.
- Pour the powder (Part B) slowly into Part A in the container with the mixer on high speed. Avoid lump formation during mixing and move the mixer head up & down the container.
- Mix until a homogeneous slurry is obtained.. Check for any unmixed powder at bottom of the container.
- Mortar fillets should be installed at all wall / floor joints before SmartFlexapplication.
- A roller or a broad, soft brush may be used to apply the SmartFlexslurry on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- A paint brush should be used in corners and narrow spaces.
- At least 2 layers of SmartFlexmust be applied. The layers should be applied in cross direction to each other.
- Allow sufficient time for SmartFlexto dry thoroughly before applying the next coat.
- Always apply SmartFlexon the positive side of the structure i.e. on the side where hydrostatic pressure is anticipated.
COVERAGE / YIELD
For a 2-coat application, the quantity of SmartFlexrequired is 2.0 – 2.5 kg per m2.
When properly mixed :
Each 36 kg set will yield 21.6 litres ; Each 9 kg set will yield 5.4 litres of SmartFlexslurry.
- Each full set of SmartFlexmust be mixed in the proportions supplied. Mixing in quantities smaller than one set may lead to wrong proportioning and affect the product’s performance.
- Dilutions and addition of other materials will also affect the product performance.
- All tools and equipment should be cleaned with water immediately after use. Any hardened material can be scraped off with tools or softened by soaking in thinner.
- Avoid eye and skin contact as the product is alkaline.
- Gloves, goggles and dust mask should be worn.
- Avoid inhalation of dust during mixing.
- Wash thoroughly after handling.
- In case of eye contact, flush with plenty of water. Seek medical help immediately.
SmartFlexis supplied in sets of :
36 kg set
- 16 kg container Part A (Liquid)
- 20 kg bag of Part B (Powder)
9 kg set
- 4 kg container Part A (Liquid)
- 5 kg bag of Part B (Powder)